The Working Group of Salmon Tagging, CSRS
More than 1,500 salmon tagged with NPAFC disc tags were released
on the high-seas in 2008 to elucidate the stock-specific
distribution and migration of salmon. To encourage the
public to report NPAFC high seas tag recoveries during the
2008-2009 season, the international salmon tagging project will
introduce a reward draw system.
Date of draw: At the Plenary Session of the NPAFC Seventeenth Annual Meeting in 2009.
Announcement and Advertising:
- Posters and other tag recovery information for public on the NPAFC website will be updated by the Secretariat after the working groupís consent at the next RPCM.
- Printed posters in each language will be available from the Secretariat, if requested. Parties will distribute posters within their Parties on their own.
Eligibility for the Draw: Only non-agency personnel are eligible. Each person entered must have a mailing address. Eligible tags are the tags returned to Working Group members between June 1, 2008 and 15 days before the NPAFC Annual Meeting, 2009.
- A completed list of names and addresses of people who have recovered tags must be compiled by WGST members 2 weeks before the 17th Annual Meeting.
- An entry includes the name and mailing address for each tag entered. It is the responsibility of each countryís WGST representative to collect the winnerís name, address and the bank account information.
- Draw will be held at the 2nd Plenary Meeting of the Seventeenth Annual Meeting in 2009.
- Secretariat will send the winning moneys to the winners by bank transfer.
Cost estimates for the Reward: